Test

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Remembering: What God Has Done!


When times are tight like they are now, I must look back over my life and remember what God has done.
  • Like the time when I was 19 and I didn't have any money for lunch and I found a bag of potato chips under the drivers seat in my car.
  • Like the time when I was driving on I-30 to church with my cousin in the car and we started to slide across the freeway......in the rain....with nothing but grass and a ditch to the right of us and the median stopped the car.
  • Like when the Dr's told Tess that she couldn't have children and now we've been blessed with 2.
  • Like how He provided a little bit extra for us each time the children were born
  • Like how He provided me with a permanent place of employment right before my severance ran out.
  • Like how that tumor that ate through my sacrum was found to be benign.
  • Like the times that He shielded our home the night that we went to bed to find the next morning that I front door was possibly hanging wide open all night long.
  • And how in spite of ourselves and tons of shortcomings, he still had enough grace in his heart to bless us with so much. 
Today, I'm grateful for God's mercy and grace.

Let me explain more.  See a couple of months ago we noticed that we were living just above water..just like so many others are today.  At that same time, we decided that it was time to honor God with our FULL tithe.  As a result, we are operating the Jones household with a financial deficit.

We are prepared to accept whatever outcome God has for our lives in order to be obedient to Him in this area of our life.  I'm not gonna lie.  This is hard sometimes.  There are things that we need to take care of RIGHT NOW and it can be easy to take back what we feel belongs to God and use it for our immediate needs.

But what I really know in my heart is that since he's made a way and provided for us before, then he can do it again.  And if there's a lesson to be taught through this experience, we're open to accept whatever His will is.  So we ask for peace right now and patience to ride out this time.  Please pray for us.  It could be much worse....but we still must know that we are still much more wealthy that almost everyone else in this world.

People is what Really Matter (gr?).  Stuff is Secondary!

1 comment:

Nicolle said...

I am praying for your sweet family, my sweet friends! It's such a blessing that we CAN count our blessings when times are hard. This post touched my heart. You are so right, things are not important, at all. God, friends and family, love and health...that is what matters.

Thinking of you all.