Test

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving 2012

This year for our annual Thanksgiving Day photo, I decided to do something different.  Usually, I try to get the family together in front of the camera and run back and forth to the camera in hopes that we get a decent shot with everybody smiling facing the camera.  You can see what we've done for previous years here.

So, again this day beckons the things that I am personally thankful for over the past year. 
  • I'm thankful for the Holy Spirit for teaching me new things about being a servant of others.
  • I am thankful for the unexpected inconveniences of life.  I have begun to look at these times as God's way of protecting me from unforeseen events that could negatively impact my life.
  • I'm thankful that I have a wife who loves me unconditionally and loves our children to life.
  • I am thankful for my job and having good people around me that are so easy to work with.
  • I am thankful for old friends like the Shepherds who love us.
  • I am thankful for new friends like the Weseman's and the Burks. 
  • I am thankful for fresh ideas and new opportunities.
  • And finally, I am thankful for a healthy family.
My prayer is that on this day, you would take he time to think about and SHARE with others, the very things that you are thankful for. 

God Bless and have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Nicolle said...

Oh sweetest Jones family! We love you guys so much. We are blessed by knowing you.

The photos here are beautiful!

I love this post. As I got up this morning, I was a bit grumpy, sad about missing my dad as I always am on a holiday, and worried that our day won't go "perfectly". I put such high expectations on the holiday, but someone always gets crabby, someone snippy, someone argues a bit, someone complains about the stuffing. It's a bit of a circus, huh?!

Your post straightened me up! :)

Happy Thanksgiving.
xo

Nicolle said...

ps. I made Tess' bbq chicken, and I read Crazy Love. Wrote about both on my blog recently. :)